Looking for a budget-friendly safari and accommodation that won’t break the bank? The Addo region of the Eastern Cape of South Africa is just the place for you!
Greater Addo is the area around and including the Big 5 Addo Elephant National Park. The area includes many private game reserves, including Kudu Ridge Game Lodge.
The Addo area offers affordable safaris and accommodation, excellent year round malaria-free wildlife experiences and a variety of other fun attractions and activities. The Addo is fast becoming a preferred budget-friendly safari destination, especially when compared to the Greater Kruger wilderness area further north in South Africa.
Addo Budget-Friendly Accommodation
Kudu Ridge Game Lodge offers bed and breakfast accommodation (dinner on request) in private en-suite chalets and tents at competitive rates. We are a privately owned and family operated lodge. We pride ourselves in offering guests a home-from-home experience.
Our safari accommodation is ideal for couples, families and small groups. Each tent sleeps up to four people and small groups can be accommodated in adjacent tents. Our guests love the authentic experience of sleeping surrounded by Addo’s indigenous bush and listening to the quiet of the African night. All children over the age of six are welcome.
Read what our guests have to say about staying at Kudu Ridge Game Lodge.
Finding our Addo Accommodation
The Addo region is one of the most accessible South African safari destinations. Port Elizabeth is less than a 45 minutes drive away and offers regular flights from other main centres in South Africa, including Johannesburg and Cape Town. Addo is located at the end of the Garden Route, about 800 kilometres along the coast from Cape Town.
Budget-friendly guests often travel by air to Port Elizabeth and then hire a car to drive to Addo. Many others travel by road from Cape Town, Johannesburg or various other parts of South Africa. Use this Google Maps pin to assist you to find Kudu Ridge Game Lodge or read our blog about the various travel routes to Kudu Ridge.
We are located the following distance and road travel time from:
- Port Elizabeth: 52 kilometers (32 miles). Drive takes approximately 45 minutes.
- Cape Town: 800 kilometers (495 miles). Drive takes approximately 9 hours.
- Johannesburg: 1000 kilometers (630 miles). Drive approximately 9 hours and 30 minutes.
- Durban: 900 kilometers (560 miles). Drive approximately 11 hours.
If you are traveling by plane to Port Elizabeth and would prefer not to hire a car, we offer airport transfers and other guided tours.
Addo Safari Activities
Addo offers so many fun and affordable activities. The below activities are all within an hour of Kudu Ridge Game Lodge. The top 4 Addo activities are:
- Don’t miss out on Addo’s top attraction – a safari in the Addo Elephant National Park. Self-drive safaris (in your rental vehicle) are the most affordable option for those on a tight budget. Alternatively, you can enquire about our reasonable and delightful guided safari tours into the Addo park. Our knowledgeable guides know the top Addo wildlife locations and love to share these with guests.
- Sundays River Canoeing – explore a different side of Addo and view game and birds on the riverbank while you drift down some of the most scenic parts of the Sunday’s River in a custom designed, comfortable and safe canoe (no paddling experience needed). A great budget-friendly activity!
- Double Zipline – for adrenalin seekers only! The double zip line begins some 65 metres above the Sundays River and guests are rewarded with breath-taking views across the Sundays River Valley, one of South Africa’s largest citrus producing areas.
- Addo Walking with Giraffe – for beautiful, intimate close encounters, you and your family will love. You are given the chance to quietly observe and take pictures of giraffe that are entirely wild and free.
There is so much to see and do in Addo. Affordable prices mean that you can stay for longer or come back again! Visit the online availability section of our website to view our rates, check available dates and even book online.