At Kudu Ridge Game Lodge we love to welcome couples, friends and families from around the world to our friendly and comfortable lodge. Here are some travel tips to assist you to prepare for your South African holiday.
You are also welcome to contact us with questions or to find our further information. We are always happy to assist.
South African Travel Requirements for Families
- Children travelling into South Africa with both biological parents must travel with:
- Valid passport
- Visa, if required
- Unabridged birth certificate listing the names of both parents (note: these must be the original documents, or certified copies of the originals).
- Children travelling with one parent listed on his or her birth certificate must also present:
- Parental consent affidavit not older than four months from the non-travelling parent, or
- Letter of special circumstances issued by Director-General of Home Affairs (or similar) in the event that a parent or parents are incapacitated or deceased and no legal guardian has been appointed as yet.
South African Holiday: Vaccinations
A yellow fever vaccination is not required for South Africa but it is required for entry into a number of southern African countries. However, if you arrive from a country where there is yellow fever, proof of a vaccination is necessary.
Malaria is present in certain regions of South Africa, however, the Eastern Cape is free of malaria. You will not need anti-malaria medication when staying with us at Kudu Ridge Game Lodge.
South Africa Planned eVisas
The good news is that the South African government recently announced plans to implement eVisas. The roll-out is likely to start from April 2019.
We look forward to welcoming you to South Africa and Kudu Ridge Game Lodge. This is an incredibly beautiful and diverse country and we have so much on offer. We cannot wait to share it with you.